All IYT Worldwide certificates require renewal (revalidation) every five years.
Two of the most frequent questions we receive are:
“How do I replace a lost, stolen or damaged certificate?”
“How do I renew my certificate?”
You will find the instructions for renewing (revalidating) and obtaining a replacement (duplicate) below.
If your certificate has been lost, damaged or stolen we (IYT Worldwide - www.IYTnet.com ) are happy to provide a duplicate. There is no need to contact the school to do this on your behalf.
Renew or Replace your IYT Certificate - Step-by-Step Details
If you already have a profile registered in our system and can view your certificates online. Please follow these directions:
- Login to IYTnet.com and make sure your profile information is up to date.
- Headshot: Upload a photo of your face and shoulders. IMPORTANT: This photo will be printed on your ID card. Make sure the photo is straight, bright, clear and contains your entire face and head. No hats or sunglasses. You may smile.
- Passport or government issued ID: Upload a scan (or take a very clear photo). Be sure the full page is visible as we must be able to clearly see your name, date of birth and photo.
- Under the Dashboard tab, click View My Profile.
- Click on the Certificates tab to see your list of certificates.
- Select each certificate you would like to revalidate (renew) by checking the box on the right, then click Revalidate (or Replace if you want to replace your certificate).
- Follow the prompts through to the payment process to complete your order. (Keep in mind that you will be required to make a payment at the end of this process. We accept VISA, MC or PayPal).
NOTE: For Master of Yachts and STCW certificates, during the checkout process you will be asked to upload documents required for those certificates.
See What documents do I need to submit for more info.
Please see information about Shipping & Handling below. If airmail is the chosen method of shipment and the package is lost you will be billed for the full cost of the replacement plus shipping
Shipping & Delivery
Certificates will be processed and shipped only after payment has been received.
Please allow four weeks for processing. This does not include delivery time.
Airmail may take up to four weeks to reach final destination, if at all. It is not traceable so there is no tracking number. We strongly discourage airmail and are not responsible for lost airmail shipments.
If airmail is the chosen method of shipment and the package is lost, you will be billed for the full cost of the replacement plus shipping.
Courier takes three to five business days depending on location and you will receive the tracking number when your order ships.
See our full revalidation price list here: Revalidation & Duplicate Price List
Why is renewal required?
As part of our Quality Management System, all command level certificates are now required to be renewed just as one must renew a driver’s license, pilot’s license and passport. Students are able to renew their certificates on our website.
- Reasons to renew:
Most IYT Worldwide certificates are mandated by various governments to be renewed every five years, therefore, it is a requirement that we must adhere to.
- Students can get updates on new rules or regulations that have come into place since they were certified.
- Any change of address, email, ID number or other information can be amended when renewing.
- If a student does not renew we will assume that they are no longer active sailors and can be removed from our database.
- If a student has been involved in an accident due to their own fault or illegal behaviour, we reserve the right not to renew their certificate.
- If a national government agency, marine police or administration has good reason for a candidate’s certificate to be withdrawn or asks for it not to be renewed in the interests of public safety, IYT can do so at this time.